Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Spooking" up my house!!!

So, I have set a goal to become more crafty, as it seems that every single relief society sister in my ward have such talent for creating things and decorating their houses so that they look so cute! In my search for fun fall crafts, I came across a blog by Xazmin (I can't even remember how I found it now), who has posted a TON of really cute craft ideas that are so easy!!! ... and easy is something I can do! Here are a few of the cute fall and Halloween ideas I got off of her blog (which you should check out HERE)!

The first ideas are for fall (Directions).




Here are a few to squeeze in before Halloween comes around the corner!
(Directions)Made with 2x4 blocks, spray paint, mod podge, scrapbook paper from Michaels, and purple tule. I am SO loving the Mod Podge! There are so many things you can do with it!!

All you need is tissue paper, mod podge, green spray paint, a few jars, and some green tule! The battery powered candles would be great for this one, but if you used regular candles, you could just remove the center parts of the lids.

If any of you have any other ideas for what can be made with Mod podge, or and other cute (easy)halloween crafts, let me know!



Here is something else I came across while exploring the blogging world, and it made me laugh. Hopefully it will bring a smile to your face too!

Summary of Life

GREAT TRUTHS THAT LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED:
1) No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.
2) When your Mom is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your hair.
3) If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.
4) Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.
5) You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
6) Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
7) Never hold a Dust-Buster and a cat at the same time.
8) You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
9) Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.

GREAT TRUTHS THAT ADULTS HAVE LEARNED:
1) Raising teenagers is like nailing jelly to a tree.
2) Wrinkles don't hurt.
3) Families are like fudge..mostly sweet, with a few nuts.
4) Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
5) Laughing is good exercise... It's like jogging on the inside.
6) Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fibre, not the toy.

GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT GROWING OLD:
1) Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
2) Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
3) When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you're down there.
4) You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.
5) It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.
6) Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.
7) Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.

THE FOUR STAGES OF LIFE:
1) You believe in Santa Claus.
2) You don't believe in Santa Claus.
3) You are Santa Claus.
4) You look like Santa Claus.

SUCCESS:
At age 4 success is . . . not piddling in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . . having friends.
At age 17 success is . having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is . . having money.
At age 50 success is ... . having money.
At age 70 success is . . .. having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . . having friends.
At age 80 success is . . not piddling in your pants.

2 comments:

  1. What cute ideas! I am thinking that I might try the baby food jar pumpkins tonight. I also loved the piece of advice about not letting mom brush your hair when she's mad at dad. Been there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Harvest decoration idea! So cute! I don't have enough time right now to be crafty...but those are some really cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete