Sunday, November 11, 2012

Birthday and Halloween Fun!

A little munchkin turned one last month at our house!!!!

See the cupcake...



 ... What cupcake??
I think maybe he enjoyed it. I guess I'll never know for sure. 


 Connor's getting around really well now, and has even started picking up on some words! I'm so proud of him. We always hear 'dad', his favorite word, and he can usually say ball and mom, though not as consistently. This week though, he learned to say 'uh-oh', as I guess I must have said it to him a few times when he drops part of his lunch or his bottle on the floor while sitting in his high chair. My other new favorites are his car noises when he drives his toys around, and he loves to 'sing' along with me when there is music on.

Brody thinks that Connor is pretty great, and I can often find Brody and Connor laughing away in whatever thing they are doing. Nobody gets Connor giggling like Brody. Their favorite game is 'tag', which Connor thinks is hilarious. 

Brody is such a big help for me in taking care of his brother... sometimes a little TOO helpful, but I love to see him caring for his little brother. 

We loved dressing up for Halloween this year! Brody hates pretending to be anything or anyone besides 'Brody', but I convinced him to dress up like a pirate.

Brody's two Nelson cousins, Kasen and Gunner, came over the week before Halloween for us to babysit. Since I had a ton of pumpkins left from our garden, I let the boys have some fun creating the faces on their pumpkins for me to cut out. Kasen and Brody wanted to make scary faces with their scary pumpkins. They were so excited to put them outside to make Kevin really afraid when he got home.

Kevin gets the husband of the month award this month. First, he took time off work twice this month to go to Calgary for things he probably would have preferred not to do. Then, he came home with a central vac system (which I really wanted, but figured we would never get in this house), and these roses one day for no reason!! He's already got the central vac up and running with his handy skills, and he built a whole shelving and hook system in our garage last Saturday. It is so nice having such a talented husband around.

The last exciting news of the month is that I was able to get eye surgery in Calgary last week. It was great! I even had perfect vision without any discomfort by the same evening that the surgery was done. I couldn't be more excited to be glasses free, and I feel so blessed to live in a time when this is possible. It is truly a miracle. I loved this picture that was posted in the front lobby of the eye clinic when you walk in. 

More catch up to follow another time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment