Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cutest Nephew Around!!!

Kim is just getting ready to send out her very adorable baby announcements for little Zachary William! The photos and the announcements were taken/created by Rhonda Steed! What great pictures!!!!! I sure wish Brody and Zac could grow up closer together, but Kim and I have plans to take turns travelling to visit each other often. "Little" Zac has almost already caught up to Brody in weight, and Brody`s been growing fast himself!! He was 11lbs. 12oz. last Wednesday at his six week checkup.




Brody was blessed at church on October 11 (Thanksgiving Sunday). He was such a good little boy for the blessing. Kevin said he only fussed a bit just as they were starting, but you couldn't hear it on the microphone at all. It was a very special blessing, and I know that I am so lucky to have such a sweet baby boy as part of my family. I am so glad that Kevin was worthy to give him the blessing. Brody was not such a good boy after the blessing though :) He cried almost the entire day, with short spurts of napping, after which he would be woken up by us having to go somewhere, or a niece or nephew wanting to touch his head or hold him. He had a good sleep that night though! He is inconsistantly, but gratefully, sleeping 7 hours straight some nights. Mommy and daddy couldn't be more proud of him when he does that! I have some pictures I want to put on of him in his blessing outfit, but my computer is not recognizing any new USBsor memory cards. If anyone reading this knows how to fix that, other than restarting your computer (we've tried that several times already), please let me know.

Another picture I wanted to post was of both my legs, right around my knees... Strange, I know, but you should see how many bruises I have right now from carrying the carseat! I am just not strong enough to hold it away from my body a bit, so it consistantly bumps against the sides of my knees as I walk into church, or into someones house, or into the store. I had to wear a longer skirt last Sunday, just so that people didn't start wondering if someone had beat me up or something! I'm hoping my muscle strength catches up to Brody's weight gain, or perhaps my knees just need to toughen up so that they don't bruise anymore.

I started conducting the Stirling School Elementary Choirs yesterday after school! We are practicing every Monday from here until June. Brody's Aunt Patti is watching him while I am gone for the hour and a half (Thank you Patti!) I was absolutely blown away yesterday with how quickly the kids learned the music I had picked out! I definitely could have tried something slightly more difficult. The junior choir had a big mix up (which I felt pretty dumb about), as I was having the students put the music in order. I accidentally told them that one sheet was supposed to go in a place where a different one was supposed to go, so I thereby created utter chaos, and all of the students were intensely trying to get me to help at the same time. By the time we had everything figured out and in place, we only had ten minutes left. * Note to self for next time: Organize the music beforehand for the junior choir... in fact, organize EVERYTHING for those kids, because they get easily confused. All I can say is that I was very grateful to have Amy Harding (our accompanist) and Betty Pitcher in there helping me help EVERY student to make sure they had it right. I have been especially impressed with the turn-out for the choir. In a small school, I did not expect to have the 30 kids for the junior choir, and the 26 kids for the senior choir. I just hope I do a good job so that the administration will want to keep me on for the choirs next year as well. I am really excited to get more experience conducting choirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment