Thursday, October 29, 2009

Brody's First Sounds

We had Brody's 2 mo. immunizations today! I measured him to be 23 1/2 inches, and just over 12 lbs., which seems about perfect to me. It was so rediculously sad to have to 'hold him down' while the health nurse gave him all three needles. I don't mind getting needles myself, but I don't like having to watch the needle go in, but that was pretty much impossible to avoid today for Brody. He did pretty good for the first few seconds of the first needle, and then the pain reaction set in and he began to wail!!!! I could have cried right along with him! I only hope that I am doing the right thing by immunizing him. It seems that there are different opinions on it everywhere I turn, and there doesn't seem to be one perfectly right choice. I'm kind of feeling the same way about this H1N1 virus vaccinations right now - for myself and Kevin that is... Brody's too young for it anyways. How are we supposed to know that it is the right thing? I could talk for a while about the different things I've seen and heard about it, but in the end, I think I will get it, but I'm not 100% sure it is the right thing to do for me. I do think it will be the best protection for Brody against it though. Hopefully it will end up not being a big deal for us, and we will be able to look back and wonder why we were all so worked up about it anyways! I guess will see. I'm just kind of unsettled about it still right now though.

Anyways, on a very happy note, Kevin and I have been over-the-top happy that Brody is starting to be very responsive to us finally! He loves having long, deep, not understandable conversations with Kevin, and sometimes with me (he seems to respond more to Kevin's voice than mine... sad, I know, to have that beginning already). He is so full of smiles most of the time (after his tummy is full) now too! I sometimes even stay awake longer than I need to after his night-time feeding just because it is so much fun watching him smile back at me! We're so lucky to have him in our lives!

Here is a video (although this is a few weeks ago now, so he is talking much much more now) of proof that our baby is making sounds at us now!! Next step - "Mom". (Kevin works on "da-da" nightly, but I know my baby will pull through on the mom side when the time comes.) At the beginning of the video is a 'not so happy Brody', but he does this bottom lip thing that is just way too cute, so I had to capture one of those moments too.

3 comments:

  1. he's such a sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so crazy how they grow up so fast! he's super cute and sounds like you guys are loving the parenthood thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a cute video. What a sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete