Sunday, May 9, 2010

To my wonderful mother...

I love my mom!
She is and has always been an amazing woman! I'm sure that I realized this as I waited in heaven to be born, as I watched her patiently wait through months of bed-rest in the hospital, with a three and five-year old at home with their dad. I'm sure that I knew how strong of a woman she was to have the courage to bring me into the world, even though doctors told her that it would be unwise because it would be so difficult. Without that courage, I wouldn't have life . I don't know that I could have been that patient, but you were. Thank you Mom.


Because of my mother, I have a knowledge that I am loved - my parents love me, and I also have a Savior who loves me. Without the many family prayers at 6:30 A.M. every school day, her emphasis on reading the scriptures (and example doing so), her unwaivering faith and testimony of the atonement and the truthfulness of the gospel, and without her example of service (especially for her family) and charity, I know I would not be the person I am today. She helped me learn that the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring joy into my life, and so I owe to her the beginnings of my own testimony, and to the joy I have found so far in my life. For that, I thank you Mom.

My mom, more than anything, has brought and kept our family relationships close, and continues to strengthen those relationships by getting us together whenever possible. I am so grateful for all of the family home evenings, games nights, exciting trips and fun activities that she is always so eager to plan for both our close family, and for our extended family on both sides. It is easy to see, by her actions, that family is central to her life. As my sisters and I move on in our lives to new stepping stones and adventures, I grow more and more aware that we are so lucky to have a family that has such a stong foundation, built by the efforts of my mother (and father). Thank-you Mom!

My mom has always been a good friend of mine, and I don't recall a moment when we have had any major difference of opinion to cause bad feelings. Although there will always be more that I can learn from my mom, I have really enjoyed the closeness that has occurred with her since I became a mom as well, or rather, even in anticipation of the event. Each day it seems that my eyes are opened even more to realize the extent of service that she has given to our family, and that she gives to my new family even now! I have no idea how I did not appreciate so many of the things that she did in the years that I grew up, but now that I am beginning to understand, I recognize that there is no way that I will ever be able to repay her for all of her continued efforts. Not only is she a great mother, but she is also a caring grandmother who, I'm sure, would do anything for the kids. Her love doesn't go unnoticed, and I'm grateful to have her support as I learn the ropes on motherhood and raising children. Thank-you Mom!


We are so lucky to have her in our lives!


Happy Mother's Day Mom!

2 comments:

  1. I love her too! haha Happy mothers day to the both of you! See you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our mom too! Im so glad i got to work with your whole family and i hope you had a wonderful 1st mothers day! it really is the best job in the world...HARD...but good! love ya kaleigh!kass

    ReplyDelete