Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I love being a mom!!!

I recently gave Brody his first hair trim - just around his ears and his sideburns. This is the "before" picture. I was going to take more pictures, but I found that it was more difficult than I thought and Brody was not impressed that he wasn't allowed to turn his head to look at the scissors. By the time I was done, he was definitely not in the mood for an "after" picture. Oh well!
Kim came down from Calgary for a few days, so we enjoyed going to the park here in town and giving the boys a ride in the swings! My camera batteries died before I could get a shot of Zachary and Brody together though.

He loved it!

Kevin and I are now the proud owners of this great car!! It has WAY more trunk space than my old Honda, and I love driving it (mostly because I am not a fan of manual cars, and this one is an automatic!). If anyone is interested in buying a 2002 Honda Civic, you might be able to bargain with us! I'll hopefully have some pictures up soon on autotrader.com or something. I'll let you know.

Brody has been such a happy kid lately that I find it so much harder to leave him when I get asked to sub-teach! I just love spending my days with him and making him laugh, which is usually easy to do.

He's getting around pretty quickly now, but this is what he does to get there! First, he pushes with his legs to make his bum go up in the air, then he pulls his front half forward to straighten out again. We love laughing as he does the "worm" across the room to get his favorite toy... the TV remote.

Brody also just got his first tooth at the end of April!! His second one is almost through now too, but here is a picture of his tiny first one, although I don't think he was too impressed with me taking this picture :)

We love him!




3 comments:

  1. I had no idea you guys got a car! congratulations! It will be so nice to have the extra trunk space!It was really nice to see you guys the other day- sorry we didn't really get to do anything. Hopefully we can get Jackson and Brody together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kaleigh! brody is so stinken cute. i will have to bring my boys over sometime to meet him- i'm staying at my moms for a week. anyways sounds like you guys having fun with your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brody is so cute! He is sure growing up too! Hope you are doing well Kaleigh!

    ReplyDelete