Friday, October 14, 2011

And... still waiting...

Well, it seems that my intuition was WAY off on this one, and I did not have the baby early... in fact, I am one day OVERdue today, and am slowly going nuts as I try to keep myself busy so that I don't think about it too much. The good news........ my induction day has been set for Monday, if nothing happens before then, so baby, we're almost there!!! Can't wait to meet you!!

This picture was taken today - and looks like maybe I should have worn a shirt that wasn't the same colour as our walls, but oh well.
Here are some things I've been doing to keep busy... well, pinterest is helping me out a bit, so I got into decorating some pumpkins... Any suggestions on the bow thing? I can't say that I have a natural bow talent, and I'm not terribly happy with this one. Project: use puff paint to dot fake "rhinestones" on the pumpkin. Super easy.
Pumpkin #2 - paint with chalkboard paint... only problem, I thought I had chalk I bought for teaching last year, and I don't have any... or at least I can't find it now. Brody and I will have fun with this one, and I am hoping to write ____ days until Halloween, and update it every day. Super easy, and cheap to make.
Of course, my new birthday present is helping me stay happy and "busy" - I have been sadly mourning the loss of the Mac I had from the school district last year while I taught. You have to return them at the end of the school year. Instead, I was sharing one with Kevin, which he uses for work, and which is four years old - not awful, but not a Mac. I LOVE the feeling of a new computer, and this one has not disappointed me :). (The smudges must be from my camera lens being dirty, because the laptop is still shiny and new...)
I've also been trying to get Brody excited for Halloween. We went outside to take pictures in his pumpkin shirt with the pumpkins (pre-crafting). He thought it was hilarious to roll them around the driveway.
Then Dad got home and tried to throw Brody in a pile of leaves. Brody thought it was great until he landed (softly) in the leaves. He did NOT want to lie down in them, but he did want to crunch around in them with his shoes... This kept us occupied for a while.
We've also been making Halloween treats! This is what Brody helped me make this morning...
SPOOKY WORMS IN DIRT!
Man, was Brody ever excited!
He thought the worms were fantastic!! However, after trying one with the oreo crumbs on it, he asked me to lick off all of the rest of them for him... I guess gummy worms are only good when the texture is normal.
What a mess!!!! We spent a while cleaning up after this one, but he had fun eating it.
I love my little man!

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great crafts! I love the punmpkins...the chalk one is such a great idea. Good luck on with baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crafts! good work! and love the tummy! Though i know you will be happy when the baby that is waiting so patiently in there is finally out and in your arms. I'm hoping and praying for you that you dont have to go to be induced on monday. But either way, i am so excited to see this little one. I keep wanting to send you something, and i just have to wait to see if it will be pink or blue. oh, how i miss you and wish i could be there. good luck!

    ReplyDelete