Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Quick Family Vacation

Kevin and I ended deciding to make a trip to a homecoming in Okatoks last Sunday into an overnight family vacation to Calgary! It was the first real 'trip' we've gone on as a family, and Brody did so good in our hotel room! We had a great time spending our Monday morning at the Zoo with my cousin Lyndsey, her son, my Aunt Lynn, and my Aunt Lorena. Here are a few pictures from our fun (but chilly) time at the zoo!
The dinosaurs!! Beckam and Brody were a little bit concerned when it started to growl.


Brody and the Gorillas!
Kevin chased a peacock around with Brody, but it refused to show us it's pretty feathers.
Going for a ride on Daddy's shoulder! Brody's busy looking at the giraffe's.
Flamingos!!!
He fell asleep in the stroller just before we got to the tigers, which ended up walking right up in front of us and paced back and forth! It was so neat to see it so close up, as we were only about a three feet away from it! It even gave us a good growl. I never thought to take a picture though. Sorry!

We also headed up to the new mall in Balzac. It was our first time going, and Kevin spent several hours roaming around the Bass Pro Shop (hunting/outdoor store) there while I hit the real mall! It was successful! I love being able to shop at all of the stores that they don't have in Lethbridge. It is possible that I spent too much money while I was there, BUT, in my defence, most of the money was spent on things for Brody. He needs them, right?

Anyways, I love being able to steal Kevin away every once in a while from his work, and this trip was no disappointment. Hopefully our next family trip won't be too far in the future!

1 comment:

  1. so fun to have a few days away together! love the stroller shots of brody and the monkey one of you 2 is so cute too :) glad you had fun together and glad we got to meet up for a bit too!

    ReplyDelete