Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sing, Sing, Sing, Sing - All you got to do is SING!


So I got the boot out of Young Womens a few weeks ago (which I am sad about), but I'm on to try new things as the new Primary Music Leader Assistant. Although I get to take turns with the other Primary Music Leader, I will still be doing opening and closing exercises, singing time, as well as nursery music time at one time or another. This coming week I'm doing O.E.'s and Nursery, and I am realizing that the calling is more challenging then I thought (particularly nursery, as I learned last Sunday).
Anyways, I have a feeling that there is a possibility that someone reading this may have had that calling in their ward, or perhaps remembers what worked well back when they were in primary (I can't remember much from that far back). So... any suggestions or ideas are welcome!

What songs work well for nursery. Is it okay to use ones that aren't from the Children's song book?

What exciting games/ideas do you have for teaching the kids a song (specifically "He Sent His Son")

How do you smoothly transition nursery children into music time? How do you keep their attention once they are there?




Thanks for any input you have!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment